Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking back on 2012 and Looking forward to 2013

The stats for 2012:

2745 total miles (this included walking and hiking).

1575 running.

Missed 6 days for rest or travel, none for injury (although Jan and Feb were light months recovering from a hamstring pull.)

Ran 3 races: 10 mile, 5.75 mile, 20 mile, all on trails with NO pain!!!!!!!!

Weight stayed pretty even after losing weight in the spring.

Ran mostly pain free from mid-summer on , even with the racing and increase in miles.
Thank You Mettler Center!!!

I hope to never take my running for granted, as the fun and enjoyment I get from it can be taken away at a moments notice.

So what's in store for 2013????

I can sometimes get into catchy quotes or inspirational sayings and songs, hence the "motto" of this blog.  The following are  3 that recently got my attention:

1. A goal without a plan is a dream.
2. You can't always get what you want, you just might find, you get what you need...aka Rolling Stones
3. Praise as if everything depends on GOD; work as if everything depends on you.

What these 3 saying will mean for me I'm not sure.  All I know is I'm running tomorrow morning.  I've got some thinking to do, I'm not getting any younger, and I know I need to get healthier.

I can plan out my running with ease and while I am starting to enjoy racing again (and the road trips that go with it), my focus has always been enjoying my daily runs.

Right now I plan for the following races:
1. LBL marathon in KY
2. A race on weekend of April 6???
3. Shadow of the Gaints 50K
4. Howl at the Moon 8 hr.
5. Fall - not sure yet

See you on the road and trail.






No comments:

Post a Comment