Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Living in the Past: Dec 1977-week 3

12/18 thru 12/24/77

12/18-sun = 5.2 miles at 42:15, short strides, smooth, hip tight
12/19- mon = 9 miles , rough, not smooth, pounding ground, why? l. posterior tibula tendon very sore, r. hip very sore over bone...11x50y sprints
12/20 - tue = 9 miles smoother but still felt rough, glands felt swollen under jaw
12/21 - wed = 9 miles smoother than yesterday, easy but felt tired some, no tightness in hips
12/22 - thur = 9 miles w/ 11x50y sprints, 6 miles in grampin hills, steep, good workout, sprints felt fast & strong
12/23 - fri = 5 miles easy knees a little stiff
12/24 - sat = 14 miles 1h 55m, felt strong, 10m in 81.5 easy , stopped 3 times


total = 60 miles

Note: the 3 weeks posted so far were pretty basic for me, I'm pretty sure the 9 mile days were mostly doubles, though, I did not list it that way in my log yet....at this point in my running life I knew I was addicted to running and my running streak was a direct result of reading of ron hill and mark covert who had longgg streaks going and I think still do.....I doubt I'll keep a long streak going if I have major injury issues but it is a way to keep up consistent running. I've always told my kids and any of their friends that consistency over time is the only way to long distance running success and if you love to run like I do running every day is easy....I've always felt myself lucky to have something I look forward to every day, no matter how bad your day has been, I have my daily run to lift me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment