Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 in 60 - Day 10 - in a RUSH - a bad day

My supper of day 10 was not good but it actually started earlier. I knew I had wanted to go to our local high school basketball game. To do this, eat supper and walk or run some I would have to rush after work. So abruptly at 4:35pm I left work after working 8.5 hours, drove a bit faster home, quickly saw a left over bowl of popcorn from Debbie last night, so thought, yea, I could just eat 2 small sandwiches and popcorn instead of my regular supper...why??...this would save time.

So, I gabbed a couple handfulls of popcorn and went walking the dogs with debbie at the trails. it was sunny day for a change so we decided on the north trail but the wind was stronger than it appeared so it was abit chilly, we walked fast!!, then we decided to take a shortcut over to another trail back to the car..all the while walking I was thinking, was I going to the b-ball game or not....and do I have time to eat, watch some news....etc. etc.

Normally, my evening run/walk is easy and to relax from my day at work, it can be short as 20 mins...but tonight I was in a RUSH.

So, when I'm in a rush, I eat quick and easy stuff, so that is what I did, 2 sandwichs of bread wraped around a bison hotdog, with the rest of popcorn. This was high in salt, so to get that taste out of my mouth I had a few peanut m&m's, then a couple Reeses heart shaped pieces, boy, after not having anything like this they were very sweet, almost sickening....of course, now I had too much of a sugar taste so I topped it off with a couple pieces of bison bacon.

I then sit down intened to NOT go to the game, I felt not good....so I quickly decided I better go to the game so I would not continue to eat.

I went to the game and did not eat anymore before bed but today was a reminder of how rushing around after work trying to do everything, quickly puts me back to "quick" eating and for me , means BAD eating. I must continue to learn to relax, slow down, and eat without rushing.

Tomorrow is a new day to get back on track.

1 comment:

  1. Lesson learned. Slow down. These are good insights...or at least reminders of past knowledge and bad behaviors. One day off isn't bad. You'll bounce back. Stick in there.

    ReplyDelete