Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Training Week - Living in the Present

My "Living in the Past" training weeks post are behind...my "30 in 60" has sort of overtaken that...soon I will post a few weeks of "Living in the Past" to match this time of year but now I will lay out what I've been doing the last few weeks/months...actually it is not that much different pattern I've done most of my life.

Typical "perfect" week-now

Monday
AM-45-60mins total run W5,R40,W5,R5,W5 at easy pace/effort(60-70% HR, 133-148)
PM-30-60mins same as AM

Tuesday
AM- 60mins total run/walk at increased effort from easy to moderate (60-80% max, 133-162) in mornings I do not force anything so I may never make it to 162.
PM-30-60mins same as AM
I'm learning as I get older that anything over 162HR is only good for Interval sessions. 162HR max seems good for tempo efforts for about 20-30mins total. My probelm has been going more than the 30 mins.

Wednesday
AM-same as Monday
PM-same as Monday or at Fittek -25mins weights/abs(if I do the weights my run/walk is only 15-20mins max as warmup) 45 mins total

Thursday
AM- same as Monday
PM- Run with the Buffalo's- 4-5miles total(try NOT to go over 162 max during run)includes .5 walk w-up & .5 walk c-dn

Friday
AM- 30-40mins very easy W5,R20-30,W5 (max 65%/140HR)
PM-walk 40 mins easy

Saturday
AM-Long run/walk 8-10 miles, sometimes a 10M+ hike
Late AM-walk 60 mins, dogs = 3 miles
PM- 2-3 miles easy, depends on what else going on.

Sunday
AM-60mins same as Monday
Noon- Fittek - run + weights + run/walk = 60 mins total
PM-walk dogs 40-60 mins
Late PM-30-60 mins same as Monday

You see alot of walking is included. Over the last few years of injuries and over weightness Ive learned to really enjoy walking and hiking. Also over those same years I've finally joined Debbie at the gym doing a few weights mainly high reps/low weights on the arms and leg weights for by quads (for knees) and glutes.

That's it. It adds up to be alot but as my blog says "jefflovestorun", sometimes a bit too much. I gotten be carefull but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment